October 9th, 2021 - The Waters & Words Flow!
I came to the park today with a head full of words, just looking for a place to work. The fist three picnic tables near the ranger center were occupied, so I kept moving until I found one on a little hill where I can watch people get into and out of their cars and talk to their dogs. It’s funny how people talk to their dogs. I wonder if, in a year, I could write at every single picnic table in the park?
Today I’m very excited to announce my kick-off event with FOJMP and CWC next month. On October 9th, the former will be holding their annual meeting (OUR annual meeting; I’m part of this group) at noon on the steps. At 12:30, something very exciting happens: the water comes on! The restoration committee has managed to get the water flowing again! Here’s the flyer for that:
- Paul Corman Roberts – founder & host of Beast Crawl – reading a work by Joaquin Miller.
- Karma Bennett – current president of the Berkeley Branch of the California Writers Club – reading a work by Jack London
- Randy MacNair – poet & speaker chair of the CWC – reading a work by George Sterling
- Amos White – poet & founder of 100K Trees for Humantiy – reading works by Yone Noguchi
- Dr. Ayodele “Wordslanger” Nzinga – OAKLAND’S FIRST POET LAUREATE – reading works by Ina Coolbrith, California's first poet laureate AND the first poet laureate in the U.S.!